Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

The flights to Haiti

It’s Good Friday, April 2, at 0400. I spent the last 3 hrs on the floor of Miami International Airport trying to get some sleep… but that didn’t happen. Let’s rewind the day… My flight from Anchorage to Chicago was not a fun one. Very active children surrounded me and there was a lot of turbulence. In Chicago, my plane to Miami was delayed 2 hrs then sat on the runway of O’Hare for 30 minutes. Oh well. So one thing I discovered is that even though the airport’s restaurants and stores are closed, man is this place loud! The workers are busy cleaning and fixing things all night… not good when you’re already uncomfortable lying on a concrete floor. The plane leaves in 2 hours and I arrive in Haiti in 4. I’m worried because I haven’t slept in almost 24 hrs and I start out day one right away. Only time will tell what will happen…

No comments:

Post a Comment