Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Visitors

Well it's Wednesday, April 7... It was a pretty typical day around here until...

Miss Girl F couldn't find her pants/skirt today. I made her a skirt out of a pillowcase and a safety pin. Thanks Penny for the safety pins!! They've really come in handy!


Hanging under the mango tree doing therapy...


The Guest house.. where I stay



This is my little man Jamel... He is just the cutest thing ever!! I wish I could take him home.


Until the UN showed up and the Jordan Army visited the campus.

Below is a picture of the commander of the army and myself. They wanted to come the next day and bring dinner for everyone volunteering/working and all of the children...

Well... they showed up on Thursday evening. Dinner was served at 6:30... all Jordanian food and served by them. The woman ate first. While we were eating, they were playing celebration music outside. It was quite a sight. The music was very cheerful... people were dancing and laughing. It was pretty funny when the bagpiper starting playing Yankee Doodle. I was unaware that it went on for 7 minutes... lol. After dinner, the commander spoke and they struck up the band. The men sang and danced for all of the children and staff. It was different and the children seemed to really enjoy it. It's something I'll never forget.




Song and dance...
Dinner...

Yankee Doodle...
And I just had to dance...

No comments:

Post a Comment